An Ode to Snow

Dear Snow,

mid-Snowing_video_samye_ling_1.ogg.jpg (640×480)
In summer, I always look forward to your coming.
I look forward to your white, fluffy appearance.
I look forward to  the fun and games that accompanies your presence.
I look forward to your cool and gentle touch with your crisp, fresh taste.
For the whole summer, I long for you to come quickly.

When winter comes and when you start to appear, I start to change my mind.
When you come, your presence starts to make the air freezing and the wind, stinging.
When I pick you up, expecting a gentle touch, you instead start to bite my hand.
When I think of you, you are  kind and gentle.
What I found to be true, is that you're very temperamental.

During winter, you rob our home of all warmth.
You wrap your cold, clammy hands around the empty, arctic land.
You embrace this land so that everything is left frozen.
You are indifferent to the numbing cold you bestow
Oh how I wish that you never would have come
                             
When spring is around the corner, you start to disappear.
I start to regret what I said when spring comes near.
The thought that you won't forgive me is what I fear.
But, you made your going very clear.
So I look forward to the next time you'll appear

Then this cycle repeats for every year.

Comments